Why Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS?
- Scans directly into SOLIDWORKS®.
- Uses plug-in toolsets that deliver a subset of Geomagic® Design X™ tools.
- Offers industry-leading performance at a competitive price.
What is Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS?
Imagine being able to capture anything in the physical world and have a digital solid model of it in minutes.
Geomagic® for SOLIDWORKS is a reverse engineering software toolset that plugs directly into your SOLIDWORKS environment, giving you advanced capabilities to make tools, point clouds, and polygons more usable in your design process. You can import data or scan directly in SOLIDWORKS and use the feature extraction wizards to extract CAD sketches, surfaces, and solids.
Using Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS, customers have reported:
- 25% more accurate parts than using SOLIDWORKS alone for simple mechanical parts
- 30% reduction in cycle time from initial 3D scanning to final SOLIDWORKS CAD file
- 40% faster total reverse engineering workflow time for complex, organic mechanical parts (e.g., impeller parts)
- 15-40% faster total reverse engineering workflow time than general CAD on mechanical parts
- 40-50% faster total reverse engineering workflow time than general CAD on organic parts
What Can You Do with Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS?
Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS acts as a bridge between physical parts and your CAD-to-SOLIDWORKS environment. It enables rapid design and engineering, with a streamlined path to production. Increase the productivity of your design work and jumpstart your creativity by using reference data captured from the real world. Transport physical objects into SOLIDWORKS and design around existing parts for a perfect fit.
Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS delivers the ability to seamlessly 3D scan directly into SOLIDWORKS and create solid models using integrated, industry-proven toolsets for accurate design outcomes.
Use Geomagic for SOLIDWORKS with Geomagic Control X™ inspection and metrology software and Geomagic Wrap® 3D scanning software for a complete, scan-based design and inspection package.
- Transform physical parts into CAD data for new product design to create products that would be impossible without reverse engineering, like:
- Lost or non-existent CAD data for broken tools and molds
- New components that perfectly fit with existing components
- Customize parts that require a perfect fit with the human body
- Compare CAD objects with scan objects quickly and easily
- Capture and process color 3D scans in SOLIDWORKS with 3D scanning devices that support the capture of color information
- Scan virtually anything to create manufacturing-ready designs and solid parts